river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Draft report
Date Sun, 07 Aug 2016 07:09:36 GMT
Also, PMC members: please vote as soon as possible. I am a bit late sending this because it
is due to the board on Wednesday.

Patricia

> On Aug 6, 2016, at 12:59, Patricia Shanahan <pats@acm.org> wrote:
>
> Here is a draft of the August 2016 board report. As always, suggested changes are welcome.

>   - Apache River software provides a standards-compliant JINI service.
>
> ## Issues:
>
>   - There are no issues requiring board attention at this time. Although the troubles
discussed last quarter persist, there is on-going discussion of possible future directions.

> ## Activity:
>
>   - There has been little activity.
>
> ## Health report:
>
>   - The technical and people problems discussed last quarter have not yet been solved,
but neither have they killed the project. In the last two months there have been threads on
dev@river.apache.org, involving a total of 6 people, discussing how to support languages other
than Java and how to take River in an IoT direction.