river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Lotj - languages other than java
Date Tue, 05 Jul 2016 08:48:11 GMT
On 7/4/2016 11:38 PM, Bishnu Gautam wrote:
> Hi Patricia
>

>> Do you have any ideas for how to recruit River developers? Even the
>>  committers we have do not have enough time to finish an almost
>> complete release.
>
> Do you have scheme of recruitment with payment or complete
> volunteers? If it is volunteers, internship program would be the mos
> practical one. In that context it is quite possible to recruit
> developers in River by putting internship programs who can work
> together with active committers or developers in River project. If
> you open internship program, I can also send my students to work
> together online with active members of River project. I think this is
> the most practical solution if they need to work as volunteers. In
> the beginning we can start from a small scale and once someone is
> ready to contribute enough from the internship, then we can scale out
> with more numbers and in this way, the community would be increase.
> Let me know if you are interested about it.

No, we can't pay any money.

I'll be interested in the views of the active committers on the
internship model. My current involvement is mainly administrative, but I
could help with running an internship program, if it seems likely to
work for both the students and River. I am a retired programmer and
computer architect, and received a PhD in computer science from UCSD in
2009. I have contributed to StackOverflow especially in Java.

Patricia