river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject River 3.0 change to River 2.3.0
Date Sun, 01 May 2016 23:49:17 GMT
Since the River 3.0 change indicates a breaking change, and as of my
recent commit, we no longer have any pubic api breaking changes, I
propose that we change the release version to River 2.3.0-beta

Note the changes from com.sun.jini to org.apache.river are not
considered public api by the community, as was also Sun's policy.

The Startable interface is also an implementation detail, that River's
services use.

While I can't guarantee that recent reversions haven't reintroduced
unsafe publication of remote events, I would hope that other changes
made to the codebase since, would still ensure safe publication of
remote events.

Regards,

Peter.