river-dev mailing list archives

From Tom Hobbs <tvho...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: River 3.0 change to River 2.3.0
Date Mon, 02 May 2016 16:48:04 GMT
I’d be more tempted to just call it 2.3.0 and be done with it.

Let’s get what’s there out of the door and get back to looking at 3.0.0 which may (probably)
include some significant breaks.

I hope to be able to set aside some time soon to do release manager stuff.

> On 2 May 2016, at 00:49, Peter <jini@zeus.net.au> wrote:
>
> Since the River 3.0 change indicates a breaking change, and as of my recent commit, we
no longer have any pubic api breaking changes, I propose that we change the release version
to River 2.3.0-beta

> Note the changes from com.sun.jini to org.apache.river are not considered public api
by the community, as was also Sun's policy.

> The Startable interface is also an implementation detail, that River's services use.
>
> While I can't guarantee that recent reversions haven't reintroduced unsafe publication
of remote events, I would hope that other changes made to the codebase since, would still
ensure safe publication of remote events.