river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject [DISCUSS] [vote] should we fix security flaws?
Date Thu, 07 Apr 2016 20:34:23 GMT
I am not prepared to vote on this.

First of all, I would need, on a private list where we can go into
details of security issues, to get a feeling for the seriousness of the
flaws in question. A denial of service is, in many contexts, less
serious than file corruption.

We may want to consider investigating the actual and proposed use-cases
for River before deciding this.

Do you feel any of the security flaws in question are release-blockers
for River 3.0? How long would fixing them first delay the release?