river-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Rollo <danro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: dev Digest 11 Jan 2016 23:55:58 -0000 Issue 1373
Date Tue, 12 Jan 2016 01:12:14 GMT
Just to clarify, I’m not talking about “releasing" anything in final form without a vote,
but instead about “staging” candidate artifacts (with poms, etc) in a staging repository.
This allows people to test the artifacts (and poms, etc) and various dependency declarations
using the “staging” repository (which they would have to activate manually). Only after
the staged artifacts are promoted (after votes pass, etc) would the artifacts be “released”
(published to central). The “staged” items can easily be deleted if the vote does not
pass, and/or if new items need to be restaged.

> On Jan 11, 2016, at 6:55 PM, dev-digest-help@river.apache.org wrote:
>
> From: Peter <jini@zeus.net.au <mailto:jini@zeus.net.au>>
> Subject: Re: River - 3.0.0 Release candidate
> Date: January 10, 2016 at 1:34:44 AM EST
> To: dev@river.apache.org <mailto:dev@river.apache.org>
>

> I tend to agree, unfortunately we're not allowed to release anything externally until
after the release artifacts have been voted on.

> On 10/01/2016 12:56 PM, Dan Rollo wrote:
>> Do we have a process for staging the river artifacts in the maven central staging
repo? And/or where do the related “pom.xml” files live (or get generated)?

>> I tried to do some validation of the 3.0.0 jars using Dennis Reedy’s samples project
on github, and ran into some dependency issues. Having staged artifacts/poms would clarify
some dependency questions.

<mailto:peter.firmstone@zeus.net.au><mailto:peter.firmstone@zeus.net.au <mailto:peter.firmstone@zeus.net.au>>>

<http://people.apache.org/~peter_firmstone/%3Chttp://people.apache.org/~peter_firmstone/%3E>

to check they can reproduce these artifacts and test their code and report back with any issues.

<http://www.apache.org/dev/release-publishing.html%3Chttp://www.apache.org/dev/release-publishing.html%3E>