river-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Subject Re: Test Failures on ARM, maybe I'm missing setup?
Date Fri, 22 Jan 2016 04:10:14 GMT
Hi Dan:

I couldn’t find your exact patch (might have been suppressed by the list), but I did the
change to qaDefaults.properties manually, and said it was your patch in the commit message.

‘svn update’ and give it a try!

Cheers,

Greg Trasuk
> On Jan 21, 2016, at 10:22 PM, Dan Rollo <danrollo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Just a quick ping to see if this patch to remove the “-server” switch could get into
trunk?

> Thanks,
> Dan
>

> Subject	Re: Test Failures on ARM, maybe I'm missing setup?
> Date	Tue, 05 Jan 2016 22:39:05 GMT
> Thanks Dan, consider it removed.
>
> Sent from my Samsung device.
>
>  Include original message

actually running the jvm, and then searching the value of a system property (like: System.getProperty("java.vmname"))
for the text: “server”. Seems nasty.

> FWIW, the following docs suggest the “-server” mode is the default now on non-32
bit jvms:

> (http://docs.oracle.com/javase/8/docs/technotes/tools/unix/java.html - same doc info
for other os flavors)

> -server
> Selects the Java HotSpot Server VM. The 64-bit version of the JDK supports only the Server
VM, so in that case the option is implicit.

> I guess I'm trying to make the case that just removing the “-server” arg is acceptable.
:)

> Dan
>

> …
>
>> On Jan 4, 2016, at 5:20 PM, Dan Rollo <danrollo@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Thanks Greg, and Peter. I was able to apply the “remove -server” fix to qaDefaults.properties,
and the test ran fine on a Pi. I’ve attached a patch with these fixes against trunk. If
there is a better way to submit such a patch, please point me in the right direction ( - dare
I ask about git? :) .