river-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Subject Re: Test Failures on ARM, maybe I'm missing setup?
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2016 09:18:44 GMT

140 tests and counting - no failures so far, and it’s hit the locatordiscovery tests, which
were previously failing.

So…the change to qaDefaults.properties was committed in r1722810.

@Dan - perhaps you can make the similar change to your local version and try it out...

Cheers,

Greg Trasuk

> On Jan 4, 2016, at 4:03 AM, Greg Trasuk <trasukg@stratuscom.com> wrote:
>

> I’m running some testing with the 2.2 branch on my R-Pi.  It appears that the default
setting in the qaDefaults.properties file runs the test services with ‘java -server’ option,
which is not supported on the Pi’s JVM.  I currently have the qa test run in process.  I’ll
commit a change to the 2.2 branch if it works, and then Peter can update trunk.

> Cheers,
>
> Greg Trasuk
>
>> On Jan 4, 2016, at 12:06 AM, Peter <jini@zeus.net.au> wrote:
>>

>> Hi Dan,
>>
>> Unfortunately arm hasn't been tested since 2014, when the arm servers were removed
from hudson.

>> I would like to get it running if you can do some testing for me?
>>
>> Can you create a file named build.properties in
>> the trunk directory with the following two lines:
>>
>> debug=true
>> run.categories=locatordiscovery
>>
>> Then edit this file:
>>
>> qa/src/org/apache/river/qa/resources/qaDefaults.properties
>>
>> insert the following line at line 231:
>>
>> -Djava.security.debug=access:failure,\
>>
>> Then edit this file:
>>
>> qa/src/org/apache/river/qa/test/resources/qa1.logging
>>
>> on line 53 change logging from INFO to FINE
>> also change lines 197 and 261 to FINE
>>
>> Then please try again.
>>
>> You should find a detailed test report in the qa directory.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> Peter.
>>
>> Sent from my Samsung device.
>>
>>  Include original message

I probably missed something.

>> My first attempt to build things was to setup my own Jenkins build (on RaspberryPi
Model 2’s) using the ant target:
>> "hudson-aa-arm"
>>
>> In case it matters, I’m using ant-1.9.4, and jdk: jdk-7-oracle-armhf (and had similar
failures with jdk: jdk-8-oracle-arm-vfp-hflt).

>> The first test failure I see is:
>> [java] -----------------------------------------
>>     [java] org/apache/river/test/impl/locatordiscovery/BadLocatorDiscoveryListener.td

>>     [java] Test Failed: Construct Failed: org.apache.river.qa.harness.TestException:
Problem creating service for net.jini.core.lookup.ServiceRegistrar; nested exception is:

>>     [java]     Failed to start the shared nonactivatable group; nested exception
is:
>>     [java]     NonActivatableGroupAdmin: Failed to exec the group; nested exception
is:
>>     [java]     null
>>
>> And a number of later tests fail also, for example:
>> [java] org/apache/river/test/impl/locatordiscovery/UnicastDelay.td
>> [java] Test Skipped: verifiers are: org.apache.river.qa.harness.SkipConfigTestVerifier

>> [java] org/apache/river/test/spec/locatordiscovery/AddDiscoveryListenerNull.td
>> [java] Test Failed: Construct Failed: orgapache.river.qa.harness.TestException: Problem
creating service for net.jini.core.lookup.ServiceRegistrar; nested exception is:
>> [java] Failed to start the shared nonactivatable group; nested exception is:
>> [java] NonActivatableGroupAdmin: Failed to exec the group; nested exception is:

>> [java] null
>>

>> I tried running the first failing test (BadLocatorDiscoveryListener.td) by itself
(on a Mac - not the ARM) via ant: ~/devtools/apache-ant-1.9.6/bin/ant -Drun.tests=org/apache/river/test/impl/locatordiscovery/BadLocatorDiscoveryListener.td
run-tests