river-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Subject Re: River - 3.0.0 Release candidate
Date Sat, 09 Jan 2016 20:05:47 GMT

I’ve only looked at the ‘apache-river-3.0.0.tar.gz’ archive.  A few issues…

- we can’t have jar files in the source distribution.  Which means we have a problem with
‘dep-libs’.  You could either setup a separate download for developers to retrieve, or
just give a list of the libraries that are needed.  What I’d recommend is to modify the
build script to use Apache Ivy to go get the requisite libraries at build time.  See the 2.2
branch for an example on how to do this.
- as above for ‘test/lib’
- The ‘tar_release_test’ folder should be removed
- There is a “LICENSE” and a “LICENSE.txt” file in the root of the distribution.
They’re identical - delete LICENSE.txt
- Same with NOTICE and NOTICE.txt.
- Both of the above will need to be reviewed when the jar files have been sorted out.  Also,
we may need a different LICENSE and NOTICE file for the binary convenience artifacts.
- ‘doap-river.rdf’ is not really specific to the 3.0.0 release, so it shouldn’t be in
the release artifact.
- ‘build.properties’ doesn’t have a license header.
- I’d remove the ‘nbproject’ folder myself - the project shouldn’t be dependent on
the IDE.  Although we might want to include instructions on how to open it in an IDE.
- I could be wrong on this, but I think the current recommendation is to not include a “KEYS”
file, but for the release manager to register his/her keys on ‘id.apache.org’.

Cheers,

Greg Trasuk

> On Jan 8, 2016, at 6:56 AM, Peter Firmstone <peter.firmstone@zeus.net.au> wrote:
>
> The Apache River 3.0.0 Release candidate is available here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~peter_firmstone/
>
> Voting on this release will commence in 4 weeks, to allow time for people to check they
can reproduce these artifacts and test their code and report back with any issues.