river-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Subject Re: Test Failures on ARM, maybe I'm missing setup?
Date Mon, 04 Jan 2016 04:07:55 GMT

Hi Dan:

Peter’s the expert on the new trunk (formerly qa-refactor-namespace), but offhand, I don’t
see why the arm build should be different from the regular build - the only obvious thing
is that it doesn’t build the rmi stubs, which really shouldn’t be a big deal, since they’re
not needed after JDK1.4.  Does it run if you execute the ‘hudson-qa’ target?  How about
if you just do an ‘ant qa.run’ from the main folder?

Cheers,

Greg Trasuk

> On Jan 3, 2016, at 10:47 PM, Dan Rollo <danrollo@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I tried to follow the steps here: https://river.apache.org/building-river.html, but I
probably missed something.

> My first attempt to build things was to setup my own Jenkins build (on RaspberryPi Model
2’s) using the ant target:
> "hudson-aa-arm"
>
> In case it matters, I’m using ant-1.9.4, and jdk: jdk-7-oracle-armhf (and had similar
failures with jdk: jdk-8-oracle-arm-vfp-hflt).

> The first test failure I see is:
> [java] -----------------------------------------
>     [java] org/apache/river/test/impl/locatordiscovery/BadLocatorDiscoveryListener.td
>     [java] Test Failed: Construct Failed: org.apache.river.qa.harness.TestException:
Problem creating service for net.jini.core.lookup.ServiceRegistrar; nested exception is:
>     [java] 	Failed to start the shared nonactivatable group; nested exception is:
>     [java] 	NonActivatableGroupAdmin: Failed to exec the group; nested exception is:

>     [java] 	null
>
> And a number of later tests fail also, for example:
> [java] org/apache/river/test/impl/locatordiscovery/UnicastDelay.td
> [java] Test Skipped: verifiers are: org.apache.river.qa.harness.SkipConfigTestVerifier

> [java] org/apache/river/test/spec/locatordiscovery/AddDiscoveryListenerNull.td
> [java] Test Failed: Construct Failed: org.apache.river.qa.harness.TestException: Problem
creating service for net.jini.core.lookup.ServiceRegistrar; nested exception is:
> [java] Failed to start the shared nonactivatable group; nested exception is:
> [java] NonActivatableGroupAdmin: Failed to exec the group; nested exception is:
> [java] null
>

> I tried running the first failing test (BadLocatorDiscoveryListener.td) by itself (on
a Mac - not the ARM) via ant: ~/devtools/apache-ant-1.9.6/bin/ant -Drun.tests=org/apache/river/test/impl/locatordiscovery/BadLocatorDiscoveryListener.td
run-tests