river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: November is board report month
Date Mon, 02 Nov 2015 06:52:28 GMT
If I had time, id do the following, I may be able to assist with some tasks:

   1. Move trunk to trunk-old.
   2. Copy Dennis' branch of qa-refactor-rename to trunk.
   3. Copy new classes in RIVER-413 from trunk-old, and change all
      instances of InetAddress.getLocalHost() to point to
      LocalHostLookup.getLocalHost().
   4. Go through all resolved issues in JIRA and mark as resolved
      (you'll need my help).
   5. Generate the release notes (summary of all resolved JIRA issues).
   6. Add the generated release notes to the release documentation.
   7. Check that River version has been updated to 3.0 (I think this has
      been done, but check again anyway).  Don't confuse the river
      version with Jini standards versions on documents.
   8. Run the tests one last time, change the qa tests on Hudson to
      point to trunk.
   9. Build the release artifacts.
  10. Sign the release artifacts.
  11. Post the release artifacts for voting.
  12. Vote on release artifacts.
  13. Release River 3.0.

Regards,

Peter.

On 30/10/2015 11:05 PM, Greg Trasuk wrote:
> I would just say that there has been a recent spate of activity on a 3.0 release.  Also
I forget the timing, but you should also mention that we released the sample apps.  Also that
we welcomed a new committer.

> The flurry of activity certainly showed that the project is active, if a little intermittent.
>
> On the release, I think Peter needs to let us know which branch he thinks is ready to
replace the current trunk branch (He may have already mentioned that and I’ve forgotten).
 Did we reach agreement to rename the current trunk and let the experimental branch replace
it?

> Cheers,
>
> Greg Trasuk
>
>> On Oct 28, 2015, at 8:10 PM, Patricia Shanahan<pats@acm.org>  wrote:
>>
>> I am due to file a River report for the November board meeting. Does anyone have
anything I should include? Activity on the release seems to have stopped - what should I say
about it?