river-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Reedy <dennis.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Compatibility
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2015 16:55:18 GMT
I’m not sure this is about release notes. You seem quite keen on getting 3.0 out the door,
while I applaud the urgency, lets not dump the baby out with the bath water. The net.jini
namespace has not been changed, the implementation of those interfaces has.

I should be able to discover a ServiceRegistrar started from 3.0 from a 2.x client. The classes
required should be dynamically downloaded with the proxy. The change here that has been aded
to jsk-platform has resulted in classes (org.apache.river.api.util.ID for starters), not being
available. I’m not so sure this is good. It’s certainly not a good thing for projects
that may want to use existing tools for discovery.

Regards

Dennis