river-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Reedy <dennis.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Compatibility
Date Thu, 10 Sep 2015 16:37:28 GMT
Hi,

I’m building and running an example that I based off of Greg’s example from the qa-refactor-namespace
branch. I had a browser utility that I use at times running that is based on 2.2.2. I could
not discover reggie with the browser utility because of

Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: org.apache.river.api.util.ID
	at java.net.URLClassLoader.findClass(URLClassLoader.java:360)

The org.apache.river.api.util.ID class is an interface:

/**
 * A mix in interface that provides an identity to be used as a key in Collections.
 *
 * @param <T> Object identity.
 * @author peter
 */
public interface ID<T> {

    /**
     * @return object representing identity, usually a Uuid.
     */
    public T identity();
}

Seems to be used by the following classes:

./src/org/apache/river/fiddler/FiddlerLease.java:import org.apache.river.api.util.ID;
./src/org/apache/river/impl/lease/AbstractLeaseMap.java:import org.apache.river.api.util.ID;
./src/org/apache/river/landlord/LandlordLease.java:import org.apache.river.api.util.ID;
./src/org/apache/river/lease/AbstractLease.java:import org.apache.river.api.util.ID;
./src/org/apache/river/reggie/RegistrarLease.java:import org.apache.river.api.util.ID;

Perhaps org.apache.river.api.util.ID should be in jsk-dl.jar instead?

As a user I might expect that I should be able to use Apache River 3.0 services from 2.x (perhaps
not the other way around). What do others think?

Regards

Dennis