river-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Thompson <br...@systap.com>
Subject Re: Release 3.0
Date Mon, 10 Aug 2015 10:56:10 GMT
Excellent.  I am glad to see this moving forward.

Copying Brad, who heads our CI integration efforts.  We have a large
refactor coming back to master on our code base, once that is stable we can
look at a refactor to the new river release package names and provide
feedback based on that.

Please do keep people informed about movement towards a release artifact

Thanks,
Bryan

On Monday, August 10, 2015, Patricia Shanahan <pats@acm.org> wrote:

> Thanks. I have a spare computer I'll try to convert to Ubuntu. I think
> that will be cleaner than using a VM on Windows 8.1.
>
> On 8/10/2015 1:04 AM, Peter wrote:
>
>> Pat,
>>
>> I don't have much time, but I'll assist you where I can.
>>
>> First things first, you'll need a Unix environment.
>>
>> I'd copy Dennis newly created branch to a 3.0 release branch, then run
>> the qa test suite and jtreg test suite.
>>
>> ant all.build
>> ant qa.run
>> cd ./qa
>> ant jtreg
>> cd ../
>> ant release
>>
>> To answer Greg's question:
>>
>>     The custard-apple library is available on Sourceforge, it's a
>>     Collections wrapper library that enables weak, soft and strong
>>     reference combinations in any java Collection implementation.  This
>>     library is required.  high-scale-lib is also required.
>>
>>     Test code in the jtreg test suite depends on the bouncy castle
>>     library to provide Certificate Authority functionality to sign
>>     certificates.  All certificates in other branches have expired, I'm
>>     sure there are other people on the dev list would have experienced
>>     and be aware of these test failures, these tests pass on this
>>     suite.  This library isn't required by down stream developers.
>>
>>     dnsjava is used in the qa test suite, it isn't required by down
>>     stream developers.
>>
>>     animal sniffer was again used for testing api changes and isn't
>>     required for down stream development.
>>
>>     Velocity was used by Sim and at least one other developer for
>>     configuration purposes, this library is optional.
>>
>>     Libraries required by test suites should stay for testing purposes
>>     but aren't required by release artifacts.
>>

>> Regaring the current trunk, there are contributions made by Sim (network
>> and other improvements), after the stable branch point (chosen for
>> qa-refactor) that need to be integrated back at some point.  The test
>> failures after the trunk => qa-refactor branch point are latent
>> concurrency bugs, they are not directly related to Sim's code.
>>
>> This should help you get started...
>>
>> Regards,
>>
>> Peter.
>>
>> On 10/08/2015 2:00 PM, Patricia Shanahan wrote:
>>
>>> In that case, I'll take on the actual release manager role, and get
>>> going on dealing with the dependency issue.

we should put

about the release

that address performance,
has been made
developed for this

----
Bryan Thompson
Chief Scientist & Founder
SYSTAP, LLC
4501 Tower Road
Greensboro, NC 27410
bryan@systap.com
http://blazegraph.com
http://blog.bigdata.com <http://bigdata.com>
http://mapgraph.io

Blazegraphâ„¢ <http://www.blazegraph.com/> is our ultra high-performance
graph database that supports both RDF/SPARQL and Tinkerpop/Blueprints
APIs.  MapGraphâ„¢ <http://www.systap.com/mapgraph> is our disruptive new
technology to use GPUs to accelerate data-parallel graph analytics.

<http://smartdata2015.dataversity.net/>

CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE:  This email and its contents and attachments are
for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and are confidential or
proprietary to SYSTAP. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure,
dissemination or copying of this email or its contents or attachments is
the sender by reply email and permanently delete all copies of the email
and its contents and attachments.