river-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Reedy <dennis.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Release 3.0
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2015 21:11:49 GMT
Hi Greg,

I think we need to work in the qa-refactor-namespace branch. This is the branch I created
that contains the namespace modifications. As far as the dependencies are concerned, if you
want a source distribution, perhaps just checking out from subversion would suffice.

Regards

Dennis

> On Aug 7, 2015, at 442PM, Greg Trasuk <trasukg@stratuscom.com> wrote:
>

> To start with, someone who’s familiar with that branch (I’m assuming Peter) will
need to move the existing trunk to a branch and then copy over qa_refactor to the trunk.
Then I think we need to discuss what to do with the deep-libs folder.  The build, test, and
possibly runtime depends on jars that are in deps-lib.  From what I gather, it’s unacceptable
to put jar files into a source distribution, and somewhat discouraged to put them into svn,
so we should figure out whether we could use Ivy to get the dependencies at runtime, or setup
and document a separate download process for them.

> Cheers,
>
> Greg Trasuk
>
>> On Aug 7, 2015, at 2:54 AM, Patricia Shanahan <pats@acm.org> wrote:
>>
>> Is there anything that needs to be done before calling for a PMC vote on the release?
>>
>> On 8/6/2015 11:56 AM, Bryan Thompson wrote:
>>> Just release to encourage people to use it. +1 on release.for me.

 The