river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: River Musings
Date Sun, 30 Aug 2015 14:04:42 GMT
One objective should be a really clear, and clearly articulated,
distinction between public APIs and implementation.

I would like to see all implementation code marked in one of three ways:

non-public access

com.sun package name

package name with "impl" as one of the components.

Adding a public non-imple API is something that needs to be done very
carefully, because it is difficult to undo.