river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Draft report
Date Thu, 06 Aug 2015 16:37:03 GMT
I would prefer not to tie the release and the board report together -
the board report has its own schedule.

Along the lines of Bryan's later suggestion for expanding the 3.0
release objectives, I could expand the new user experience section with
something like "We are currently reviewing an examples release candidate."

On 8/6/2015 6:03 AM, Greg Trasuk wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> Report looks good.  If possible, I’d like to try and release the examples project before
the board meeting.  Could I ask people to take a final look at it before I cut the release
candidate?
> http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/river/river-examples/ <http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/river/river-examples/>
to view it, or http://svn.apache.org/river/river-examples/ <http://svn.apache.org/river/river-examples/>
to access it.

> Cheers,
>
> Greg Trasuk
>
>> On Aug 5, 2015, at 7:17 PM, Patricia Shanahan <pats@acm.org> wrote:
>>
>> This is the first time I have based the report on the reporter.apache.org tool, so
the format has changed. Please review and suggest corrections and improvements.

>> The report is due to the board no later than Aug. 12th. I plan to post a final version
here on or about Aug. 9th, and request votes approving it from the PMC members.

>> Report from the Apache River committee [Patricia Shanahan]

>> - Apache River is a Java-based Service Oriented Architecture, implementing the Jini
Specification and Jini Technology Starter Kit.

>> ## Activity:
>>
>> - The main objectives are release 3.0 and an improved new user experience. During
the report period there were commits for both objectives.

>> ## Health report:
>> - The project continues to make only slow progress, mainly due to lack of time on
the part of the committers.

>> ## Issues:
>> - there are no issues requiring board attention at this time.
>>
>> ## LDAP committee group/Committership changes:
>>
>> - Currently 13 committers and 13 LDAP committee group members.
>> - No new changes to the LDAP committee group or committership since last report.
The last change in the PMC was in June 2014, when Patricia Shanahan returned from emeritus
to active status as a committer and PMC member.