river-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Subject Re: Release 3.0
Date Fri, 07 Aug 2015 20:42:20 GMT

To start with, someone who’s familiar with that branch (I’m assuming Peter) will need
to move the existing trunk to a branch and then copy over qa_refactor to the trunk.  Then
I think we need to discuss what to do with the deep-libs folder.  The build, test, and possibly
runtime depends on jars that are in deps-lib.  From what I gather, it’s unacceptable to
put jar files into a source distribution, and somewhat discouraged to put them into svn, so
we should figure out whether we could use Ivy to get the dependencies at runtime, or setup
and document a separate download process for them.

Cheers,

Greg Trasuk

> On Aug 7, 2015, at 2:54 AM, Patricia Shanahan <pats@acm.org> wrote:
>
> Is there anything that needs to be done before calling for a PMC vote on the release?
>
> On 8/6/2015 11:56 AM, Bryan Thompson wrote:
>> Just release to encourage people to use it. +1 on release.for me.
>> On Aug 6, 2015 2:55 PM, "Patricia Shanahan" <pats@acm.org> wrote:
>>
>>> Would it be useful to tag it as a 3.0 beta release initially, or just go
>>> to 3.0 and add point releases as needed?
>>>
>>> I will vote in favor of releasing it either way.

 The