river-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Subject JTSK Examples question. Was: Re: [VOTE] August board report
Date Mon, 17 Aug 2015 13:39:29 GMT

Hello Luis:

The examples folder inside the River starter kit is indeed quite confusing, and will likely
be removed in future releases.  We’ve created another example kit that is released but hasn’t
been publicized on the web page yet - You can get it at https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/river/river-examples-1.0/river-examples-1.0-source-release.zip
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/river/river-examples-1.0/river-examples-1.0-source-release.zip>

Unpack it using a zip file tool and read the “README.md” file at the root.  You’ll find
that once you build the examples (using ‘mvn clean install site’) it’s a better introduction
to River.

If you do want to use the examples in the JTSK starter kit, you need to know that you should
run the scripts from the example’s home directory, not the ‘scripts’ directory.  So
for the command below, you should be in
> C:\ias\apache-river-2.2.2\examples\hello>

and then the command would be ‘scripts\httpd.bat’.  I realize that may look funny, but
it’s more in line with the Unix tradition, where the command path usually doesn’t include
the current directory (River runs just fine on Windows, but it was originally developed on
Solaris).

Cheers,

Greg Trasuk