river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Board reporting change
Date Wed, 29 Jul 2015 16:35:20 GMT
August is a board report month for River. There will be slight change in
procedure.

The board is concerned about projects whose reports do not change much
from month-to-month. That can mean a healthy project that is just
progressing slowly, but has a functional PMC etc. I believe that is the
case for River. It can also mean a chair who just resubmits the same
report each month without thinking about it. In the latter case the
project could be effectively dead, without a functioning PMC, or have
other major problems that the board has not been told about.

This cycle, when I think I have the final report ready to submit, I am
going to ask for votes from PMC members. We need explicit sign-off from
at least three PMC members, enough to e.g. approve a release. That way,
the board will know we have a PMC that is awake and following the
mailing lists.

Patricia