river-dev mailing list archives

From Gregg Wonderly <gr...@wonderly.org>
Subject Re: [Vote] Namespace change from com.sun.jini and com.artima to org.apache.river
Date Sat, 06 Jun 2015 01:08:39 GMT
Dennis is thinking of the solution I was trying to use to get things to run inside of netbeans,
the platform, to use it to create Jini enabled clients.  The SecurityManger issue, I think,
still existed.  The problem is that I’ve been away from that issue for a few years now and
my memory is clouded (no, I am not lost in cloud computing yet :-). That solved the problems
with resolving classes with the parent classloader issue.  In netbeans, there is not a strictly
hierarchical class loader structure.  Individual modules don’t share common classes and
thus can’t exchange any object which is not in the platform.  My changes allow for resolution
of classes to be customized.

But, the SecurityManage implementation, might still be a problem, just not sure.

Gregg

> On Jun 5, 2015, at 10:06 AM, Greg Trasuk <trasukg@stratuscom.com> wrote:
>

> Need to define “run within NetBeans”.  I think Gregg’s work you’re thinking of
was about being able to build NetBeans plugins that could access services and perhaps export
services.

> “Running” a program from within Netbeans, i.e. invoking the Ant script or executing
“java …” works fine as-is.  And I think Peter was talking about developing with NetBeans,
which also is just fine.  The only thing that is  bit of a pain with either NetBeans or Eclipse
on the JTSK core project is getting  all the libraries added to the IDE’s class path so
that type-ahead, etc, work OK.  In either one, you need to edit the project’s properties.
 It’s a little easier with a Mavenized project like the river-examples projects, because
the IDE picks up on the dependencies called out in the POM.

> Cheers,
>
> Greg Trasuk
>
>> On Jun 5, 2015, at 9:45 AM, Dennis Reedy <dennis.reedy@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Gregg,
>>
>> IIRC, you did some work with the RMIClassLoader that greatly improved interoperability
with NB. I don't recall seeing it in the qa-refactor branch. I think it's really important
to have that work in the next release.

>> Any chance you can you merge it into the qa-refactor-namespace branch?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Dennis
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On Jun 5, 2015, at 9:04 AM, Gregg Wonderly <greggwon@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Netbeans used to start with a custom SecurityManager implementation which was
not replaceable in an APP nor the IDE itself.  I think this was changed to be pluggable, but
I just don’t remember the details.

>>> Gregg

also work.  Unlike previous builds, it doesn't need cigwin and it  builds on jvm's other than
Sun's, such as IBM's J9.

to use to compile it on a Windows 8.1 system?

branch, having eyes and hands on this would be great!