river-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Reedy <dennis.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Namespace change from com.sun.jini and com.artima to org.apache.river
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2015 15:54:28 GMT
It's the RMIClassLoader work that was done, thought I had made that clear.

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 5, 2015, at 11:06 AM, Greg Trasuk <trasukg@stratuscom.com> wrote:
>

> Need to define “run within NetBeans”.  I think Gregg’s work you’re thinking of
was about being able to build NetBeans plugins that could access services and perhaps export
services.

> “Running” a program from within Netbeans, i.e. invoking the Ant script or executing
“java …” works fine as-is.  And I think Peter was talking about developing with NetBeans,
which also is just fine.  The only thing that is  bit of a pain with either NetBeans or Eclipse
on the JTSK core project is getting  all the libraries added to the IDE’s class path so
that type-ahead, etc, work OK.  In either one, you need to edit the project’s properties.
 It’s a little easier with a Mavenized project like the river-examples projects, because
the IDE picks up on the dependencies called out in the POM.

> Cheers,
>
> Greg Trasuk
>
>> On Jun 5, 2015, at 9:45 AM, Dennis Reedy <dennis.reedy@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Gregg,
>>
>> IIRC, you did some work with the RMIClassLoader that greatly improved interoperability
with NB. I don't recall seeing it in the qa-refactor branch. I think it's really important
to have that work in the next release.

>> Any chance you can you merge it into the qa-refactor-namespace branch?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> Dennis
>>
>> Sent from my iPhone
>>
>>> On Jun 5, 2015, at 9:04 AM, Gregg Wonderly <greggwon@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Netbeans used to start with a custom SecurityManager implementation which was
not replaceable in an APP nor the IDE itself.  I think this was changed to be pluggable, but
I just don’t remember the details.

>>> Gregg

also work.  Unlike previous builds, it doesn't need cigwin and it  builds on jvm's other than
Sun's, such as IBM's J9.

to use to compile it on a Windows 8.1 system?

branch, having eyes and hands on this would be great!