river-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Reedy <dennis.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [Vote] Namespace change from com.sun.jini and com.artima to org.apache.river
Date Fri, 05 Jun 2015 13:45:23 GMT
Hi Gregg,

IIRC, you did some work with the RMIClassLoader that greatly improved interoperability with
NB. I don't recall seeing it in the qa-refactor branch. I think it's really important to have
that work in the next release.

Any chance you can you merge it into the qa-refactor-namespace branch?

Thanks

Dennis

Sent from my iPhone

> On Jun 5, 2015, at 9:04 AM, Gregg Wonderly <greggwon@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Netbeans used to start with a custom SecurityManager implementation which was not replaceable
in an APP nor the IDE itself.  I think this was changed to be pluggable, but I just don’t
remember the details.

> Gregg
>
>> On Jun 2, 2015, at 6:14 AM, Peter <jini@zeus.net.au> wrote:
>>
>> Yes,
>>
>> Should run fine from within Netbeans,I haven't tried Eclipse, but it should also
work.  Unlike previous builds, it doesn't need cigwin and it  builds on jvm's other than Sun's,
such as IBM's J9.

>> Peter.
>>
>>> On 27/05/2015 6:09 PM, Patricia Shanahan wrote:
>>> I'll check out that branch and take a look. Any tips on which tool chain to use
to compile it on a Windows 8.1 system?

having eyes and hands on this would be great!