river-dev mailing list archives

From Palash Ray <paa...@gmail.com>
Subject JINI plugin for JMeter
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2015 02:40:46 GMT
Hi,

Jini is a RMI based server and a lot more than that. It is used to build
high-end middlewares. Though it is a bit obsolete and no one uses this as
frequently these days, it is still used in many Banks as their preferred
middleware.

We use Jini based servers as our middleware platform for a couple of our
applications.

Of late, we have noticed the need for load testing our servers to make them
robust and understand how they perform under load. To that end, we need a
JMeter plugin.

I have written out a very basic version of this plugin which serves our
purpose for now. That is, it handles only very simple method parameters
like Long, Integer, String, Date and Enum. This plugin is a very very basic
version and I spent only a couple of days on this.

This is the link to my pull request:
https://github.com/apache/jmeter/pull/21

Let me know if this can be merged into trunk.

This is the initial cut, as we keep using this and encountering issues with
this, I will keep contributing to keep up with our requirements.

Jini is now the Apache River project and can be found here:
https://river.apache.org/

Thanks,
Palash.