river-dev mailing list archives

From Palash Ray <paa...@gmail.com>
Subject Using an unchecked exception instead of RemoteException
Date Mon, 08 Jun 2015 19:49:40 GMT
Devs,

I have long struggled with the fact that we have to declare a
RemoteException for every Remote method that I expose. I do not like
the try catch, which is pretty verbose, and in our application, when
we do encounter a RemoteExceotion, its always fatal, and there is no
way we can, or want, to recover from it.

I would like to explore the possibility of using an unchecked
exception, instead.

I guess it would work if I extend the BasicIlFactory and override the
method, which checks for the presence of the RemoteException in the
remote method. However, it seems to me to be a bit hacky.

Is there an elegant solution to this problem? Thoughts please.

Thanks,
Palash.