river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: Apache River on Android?
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2015 09:01:59 GMT
Well,

It is possible to make an Android version of River, with substituted
java.rmi.* classes, that is compatible with java, provided that the
serial from of those classes is identical to the java versions,
including the serialized class name, then yes, it is possible.  But it
will still require a different codebase annotation schema, it could be
as simple as a codebase server that has *.jar and *.aar files with the
same name, but the android client version substitues *.jar with *.aar in
the stream's codebase annotations.

Maybe it's not so hard after all.

Regards,

Peter.