river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: Apacher River over Internet
Date Mon, 15 Jun 2015 07:51:58 GMT
Sergio,

Some additional notes:

   1. Use the BasicJeriExporter (via your configuration) with the
      SSLServerExporter and BasicILFactory
   2. Look at the javadoc in the net.jini.jeri.ssl package, this
      requires SSL certificates.
   3. Set your constraints:
         1. ConfidentialityStrength to strong.
         2. Confidentiality to yes.
         3. ClientAuthentication to yes.
   4. Make sure DGC is disabled (it's insecure), you'll need to retain a
      strong reference locally to your server, to keep your service
      alive; so it doesn't get garbage collected after exporting.

If you grant permissions to your codebase signers (optionally you may
also configure it to be running with specific Principal's) then you
don't need to worry about proxy preparation and granting permissions
dynamically.   Sufficient permissions for the proxy to contact the
server host will be granted automatically.

Regards,

Peter.