river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: Clustered Jini Server? Was: Re: Mirroring to GitHub
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2015 18:14:42 GMT
Also, if there is any chance the bottleneck is in River, I would be
very, very interested in constructing a benchmark based on your workload
that demonstrates the scaling problem. I would like to run it against
the latest unreleased version, which I think may fix some scaling
issues. If it still shows scaling problems, I want to track them down
and see whether they are fixable without clustering.

My most recent professional background, before retiring, was as a
performance architect working on multiprocessor servers for Cray
Research and Sun Microsystems. When I first got involved in River I was
thinking of doing some performance analysis and improvement, one of my
favorite games, but could not find a suitable benchmark, or an actual
user with a scaling problem.

Patricia

On 6/2/2015 10:24 AM, Greg Trasuk wrote:

> Palash:
>
> Could you expand on your need for a “clustered Jini server”?  What features are you
looking for, and what aspects of the application need to be clustered?  This might provide
fertile grounds for development.