river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: qa-refactor-namespace observations
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2015 23:48:08 GMT
On 6/1/2015 4:33 PM, Dennis Reedy wrote:
> Patricia,
>
> I just did a clean checkout of the qa-refactor-namespace branch, and I do
> not see any references of old package names in package
> org.apache.river.example.hello.I'm looking for com.sun.jini, perhaps I'm
> missing something.

I was also looking for "net.jini". We did get the domain name and
transfer it to Apache some years ago, so there is a case for keeping it.
However, I don't know whether Apache is maintaining, and will continue
to maintain, the registration, and this seems like a good time to put
everything possible in the org.apache.river space.

> I do see an issue with
> qa/jtreg/net/jini/jeri/transport/multihomed/config/policy.kerbmultihome,
> that might need to be remedied, but aside from that file, where exactly do
> you see the issue?
>
> With regard to the binary file, I'm not sure what its significance is.

I can look at the source code to see what I can find out. I am not yet
up to doing a build, so it would be helpful if you could do a couple of
tests:

Try deleting it, and see what, if anything, changes.

If that does not go well, try running with it there and see if it
changes to get rid of the "com.sun".