river-dev mailing list archives

From Bryan Thompson <br...@systap.com>
Subject Re: New release
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2015 15:34:33 GMT
Sounds good.  Does Apache do release candidates as well?  If not,
let's make sure that the existing deployed footprint (which is large)
has a chance to evaluate the branch before the 3.0 release.

Bryan

On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 11:13 AM, Dennis Reedy <dennis.reedy@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I didn’t want to add this to the thread that Patricia started, but IMO I’d like us
to push for a new release ASAP. Peter’s done a ton of work, there are improvements needed
to the RMI classloading approach that can help projects out there today that use OSGi, and
we have to do something.

> What I’d like to suggest is we create version 3.0, rename the com.sun.jini namespace
to org.apache.river, and produce a new release. Lets get this done over the next quarter.
I know there are alot of details with this proposal, and esoteric discussions surrounding
“what are we”, but we either release or die. IMO, its that simple.

> If anyone does not like whats in 3.0, they can still use 2.2.2. If bug fixes are needed
for 2.2.2 we can still provide support for it. Release early, release often.