river-dev mailing list archives

From Dan Rollo <danro...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: River-examples project - followup
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2015 17:42:20 GMT
Hi Greg,

I finally took some time to try this out. It really looks great to me!

I noticed one minor thing that I thought might confuse users: While going through tutorial
steps, I decided to stop (via cntrl+c) are restart the hello-service a couple times. This
resulted in the service being shown multiple times in the service browser (screenshot attached).
It appeared all the duplicate instances in the browser “worked” (I could “show info”
and “browse service” on all of them). Eventually, the duplicate registrations “cleaned
up” and I was left with just one. I’m not sure how best to avoid confusion about this
situation. Would more doc about “why”/“how” that works just complicate things? Is
there any sort of “force lease check” to do in the browser that could clear up the duplicates
sooner? (And if so, would that be worth noting in the tutorial?). So basically, not sure this
is a “problem”, but thought I’d ask…

Thanks!
Dan