river-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Subject Re: Java version survey
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2015 19:42:44 GMT

Oracle JDK 7 is at “end of public updates” as of April 1, 2015, according to http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/java/eol-135779.html.
 IBM JDK 7 is slated for “End of Service” in Sept 2019.  So if there’s anyone interested
in running on an IBM JVM, we should probably keep support for JDK7 for a while.  I don’t
know how likely it is to see that demand.  It should be possible to create River/Jini clients
under WebSphere, but I’ve never tried it.

Cheers,

Greg Trasuk

On Apr 6, 2015, at 12:04 PM, Patricia Shanahan <pats@acm.org> wrote:

> In thinking about River future direction, and reading Peter's comments about relevant
Java 9 features, I am curious about which Java runtime versions are being used to run River.

> Specifically, what is the most recent Java version we could target for compiling a new
release without negative effects on your River uses?