river-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Subject Re: River-examples project - followup
Date Mon, 06 Apr 2015 08:46:54 GMT

Hi all:

Just coming back to the examples project mentioned below… Pat provided good feedback on
the formatting and content of the tutorial - Did anyone else get a chance to look at it?
I’d love to see if we can release it in the next week or two.

Cheers,

Greg Trasuk.

On Feb 7, 2015, at 9:27 AM, Greg Trasuk <trasukg@stratuscom.com> wrote:

> Hi all:
>
> This doesn’t seem to have gone through the mail system yesterday, so I’m posting
again.  Apologies if we eventually have a storm of similar messages.

> Hi all:
>
> Finally finished the examples project.  Please review and comment.
>
> You can get it from svn at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/river/river-examples/river-examples/trunk
>
> My thinking is that a new user trying out the examples will start with the read me file
at: “README.md” (formatted as markdown
> so that in case someone is looking at the github mirror, they’ll see it on the front
page of the project).  So, if one or more of you could checkout the project and begin by following
the README.md instructions, that would give us a feel for the “new-user” experience.

> I’m picturing that we should be able to release the examples project fairly quickly,
and then start trying to publicize it.  Also, we can add more advanced examples as time goes
on (e.g. event notifications, transactions, JavaSpaces, web app client, etc).