river-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Loubser <da...@travellinck.com>
Subject Re: River and Java 8
Date Thu, 30 Apr 2015 16:01:06 GMT
That's great to know. Have not run into any issues yet, I was just under
the impression that there were issues.
I'm going to give it a go next week, and see if our environment is happy
on 8.

One possible issue - I wonder what existing data stored in a persistent
JavaSpace (with collections, etc - complex objects) would do during the
7 -> 8 migration.
The serialized form of many basic Java objects would surely have changed?

I'll report back to the list if I find anything interesting :-)

kind regards,
Dawid

On 30/04/2015 17:42, Dennis Reedy wrote:
> Started a different thread to not conflate the other.
>
> We are using Java 8 at AFRL, with River 2.2.2, Rio and SORCER (https://github.com/mwsobol/SORCER)
and don’t see any issues. What are you running into?