river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject River future direction
Date Wed, 01 Apr 2015 14:40:09 GMT
I would like to start a discussion of future direction for the River
project, and whether we have the right resources to get there.

Recently, I have been trying to push improving the "Getting Started"
experience in the hope of attracting and keeping new users who may turn
into committers. I am not sure what to do next to make that happen. I
feel we may have a problem of not having enough committer time to get
more committers.

I do have some free time, but not quite the right skills. When I got
involved in River I expected to be working on Java programming for
refactoring, performance enhancement, and multithread/multiprocessor
issues. Writing good "Getting Started" materials calls for actual River
expertise and experience, which I lack.

I have about five weeks before I need to file my next board report. I
would like to use that time to build a consensus on where we are going,
and whether we need help from outside the project.

Patricia