river-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Reedy <dennis.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Please review the river-examples project
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2015 17:25:18 GMT

> On Feb 8, 2015, at 1122AM, Greg Trasuk <trasukg@stratuscom.com> wrote:
>

> Hi Dennis:
>
> As with Pat’s comments, thanks for the input.  One loses the “beginner’s eye”
after working on something for a while.

> Anyhow, the README instructions are intended as a “bootstrap” that gets you to the
real instructions that are in the site that’s built when you run ‘mvn site’.  However,
as Pat has already found out, Eclipse and NetBeans bundle an older version of Maven that doesn’t
know Markdown.  See my other message for instructions.

Humm, maybe the generated site should just be included in the distribution under a docs directory,
and an index.html in the root folder just point to it.

> For your convenience, I’ve copied the site onto my ‘people.apache.org’ site:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~gtrasuk/river/getting-started/
>
> The testing folders are a Maven artifact.  I’m all for a testing example, but the code
contained in the hello-service is too trivial to bother creating unit-tests for, IMO.

IMO, a complete example should provide all aspects of developing and testing a River project.
Although the test case(s) would be trivial, providing guidelines on how to bootstrap the environment
to enable a client to discover a service and simply assert the response is not.

Regards

Dennis