river-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Subject River-examples project
Date Sat, 07 Feb 2015 14:27:48 GMT
Hi all:

This doesn’t seem to have gone through the mail system yesterday, so I’m posting again.
 Apologies if we eventually have a storm of similar messages.

Hi all:

Finally finished the examples project.  Please review and comment.

You can get it from svn at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/river/river-examples/river-examples/trunk

My thinking is that a new user trying out the examples will start with the read me file at:
“README.md” (formatted as markdown
so that in case someone is looking at the github mirror, they’ll see it on the front page
of the project).  So, if one or more of you could checkout the project and begin by following
the README.md instructions, that would give us a feel for the “new-user” experience.

I’m picturing that we should be able to release the examples project fairly quickly, and
then start trying to publicize it.  Also, we can add more advanced examples as time goes on
(e.g. event notifications, transactions, JavaSpaces, web app client, etc).

Thanks,

Greg Trasuk.