river-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Reedy <dennis.re...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Please review the river-examples project
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2015 14:22:20 GMT
Hi Greg,

Good start! How does one run anything, and although there are src/test/java directories, there
are no tests.

Regards

Dennis

> On Feb 6, 2015, at 607PM, Greg Trasuk <trasukg@trasuk.com> wrote:
>

> (this may go through twice - not sure which source email gets through moderation)
>
> Hi all:
>
> Finally finished the examples project.  Please review and comment.
>
> You can get it from svn at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/river/river-examples/river-examples/trunk
>
> My thinking is that a new user trying out the examples will start with the read me file
at: “README.md” (formatted as markdown
> so that in case someone is looking at the github mirror, they’ll see it on the front
page of the project).  So, if one or more of you could checkout the project and begin by following
the README.md instructions, that would give us a feel for the “new-user” experience.

> I’m picturing that we should be able to release the examples project fairly quickly,
and then start trying to publicize it.  Also, we can add more advanced examples as time goes
on (e.g. event notifications, transactions, JavaSpaces, web app client, etc).