river-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Subject Re: Urgent Request for help
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2015 14:00:32 GMT

Should be on user@river.apache.org.  Also, river-dev@incubator.apache.org is not an active
address.

Amit:

Reasoning for why the exception is happening:

- Reading through the exception trace, the root exception is a AccessControlException, in
that the code does not have RuntimePermission for ‘createSecurityManager’.
- The script, when you read it, is trying to start up with a security manager, and is specifying
‘config/start.policy as the security policy file.  That policy file grants AllPermission,
which ought to prevent the exception you’re seeing.
- However, your running code doesn’t have permissions, so that doesn’t make sense.  What
could cause that?
— The security system does not work?  Oracle changed it?  Seems unlikely.
— The policy file is not being read?
- I note that you’re running the script from within the ‘scripts’ folder.  From that
location, there is no ‘config’ folder.

Try running the script from the examples/hello folder.

Cheers,

Greg Trasuk