river-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Subject Re: River-examples project
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2015 06:22:59 GMT

By the way, the command lines are just invoking the jam, so the exact same command line should
work in Windows command shell.  But you’re right, we should have explicit Windows instructions
in the tutorial as well.

Cheers,

Greg Trasuk

On Feb 8, 2015, at 10:56 PM, Patricia Shanahan <pats@acm.org> wrote:

> First of all, I must say I am very impressed with the tutorial chain in
> the examples HTML files. I am currently skimming it, in order to try out
> running things, but will go back and reread in much more detail.
>
> I have been running the command line operations in a Cygwin shell. I
> have to add an "&" at the end of each line to get control back after
> starting something.
>
> All was well until I tried to start the hello service. At that point, I
> got an exception. It is probably related to Cygwin's file naming. What
> is the recommended way of running these commands on a Windows machine?
> The syntax does not look like Microsoft command tool.
>
> Here is the exception:
>
> Patricia@Jan2014Desktop /cygdrive/c/river-examples/home/target/home-1.0-SNAPSHOT-bin
> $ java -Djava.security.manager -Djava.security.policy=server.policy -Djava.rmi.server.useCodebaseOnly=false
-jar lib/start.jar start-hello-service.config &
> [3] 14212
>
> Patricia@Jan2014Desktop /cygdrive/c/river-examples/home/target/home-1.0-SNAPSHOT-bin
> $ Feb 08, 2015 7:49:37 PM com.sun.jini.tool.ClassServer run
> INFO: ClassServer started [[lib-dl\], port 8090]
> Feb 08, 2015 7:49:37 PM com.sun.jini.start.NonActivatableServiceDescriptor create
> SEVERE: classloader.problem
> Feb 08, 2015 7:49:37 PM com.sun.jini.start.ServiceStarter checkResultFailures
> WARNING: Exception creating service.
> java.io.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect
>        at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.canonicalize0(Native Method)
>        at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.canonicalize(Unknown Source)
>        at java.io.File.getCanonicalPath(Unknown Source)
>        at java.io.File.getCanonicalFile(Unknown Source)
>        at com.sun.jini.start.ClassLoaderUtil.getClasspathURLs(ClassLoaderUtil.java:77)
>        at com.sun.jini.start.ClassLoaderUtil.getImportCodebaseURLs(ClassLoaderUtil.java:135)
>        at com.sun.jini.start.NonActivatableServiceDescriptor.create(NonActivatableServiceDescriptor.java:598)
>        at com.sun.jini.start.ServiceStarter.create(ServiceStarter.java:287)
>        at com.sun.jini.start.ServiceStarter.processServiceDescriptors(ServiceStarter.java:445)
>        at com.sun.jini.start.ServiceStarter.main(ServiceStarter.java:476)
>
> Feb 08, 2015 7:49:37 PM com.sun.jini.start.ServiceStarter checkResultFailures
> WARNING: Associated service descriptor [1]: [http://192.168.1.113:8090/hello-api.jar,
server.policy, lib\hello-api.jar:lib\hello-service.jar, org.apache.river.examples.hello.service.GreeterService,
[hello-service.config], com.sun.jini.start.NonActivatableServiceDescriptor$1@443b7951, BasicProxyPreparer[]]