river-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Subject Re: Oracle Mobile application framework
Date Sat, 14 Feb 2015 14:10:56 GMT

@Peter - Can you be specific about why the service browser doesn’t build on Java 8 Compact
Profile 2?

@Patricia - The service browser is in the original JTSK, but is also in the River-examples
project.  What I was saying was that the examples should be removed from the JTSK, and hence
the service browser with them, but it’s in the other project, so that’s OK.

Although, really, the service browser isn’t a great fit in the river-examples project either
- It could arguably be made stand-alone, as a utility in itself.  There’s certainly a lot
of functionality that could be added to it, and that would make a great place for someone
to add value.

Cheers,

Greg.

On Feb 14, 2015, at 5:39 AM, Peter Firmstone <jini@zeus.net.au> wrote:

> Still just pondering the possibilities.
>
> Compact 2 profile doesn't include swing, awt, kerberos, IIOP or Corba.
>
> But it is interesting to consider how we might support it, such as by providing a platform.jar
that does.

> On 14/02/2015 3:08 PM, Patricia Shanahan wrote:
>> We do need to understand why it does not build. That issue might affect other River
activities. Ideally, it would be changed to make it work in MAF.

>> I feel the browser is a useful part of the examples. If it cannot be made compatible
with the MAF I think it would be better to keep it in the examples and separate out the examples
rather than to remove it from the examples.

> Yes, I agree.
>

>> Patricia
>>

>> On 2/13/2015 7:48 PM, Greg Trasuk wrote:
>>> Hi Peter:
>>>
>>> I’m not sure if supporting MAF is critical to River’s success, but even so
I am in favour of removing the examples from the JTSK build.  Anyone else have an opinion?