river-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@trasuk.com>
Subject Please review the river-examples project
Date Fri, 06 Feb 2015 23:07:22 GMT

(this may go through twice - not sure which source email gets through moderation)

Hi all:

Finally finished the examples project.  Please review and comment.

You can get it from svn at https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/river/river-examples/river-examples/trunk

My thinking is that a new user trying out the examples will start with the read me file at:
“README.md” (formatted as markdown
so that in case someone is looking at the github mirror, they’ll see it on the front page
of the project).  So, if one or more of you could checkout the project and begin by following
the README.md instructions, that would give us a feel for the “new-user” experience.

I’m picturing that we should be able to release the examples project fairly quickly, and
then start trying to publicize it.  Also, we can add more advanced examples as time goes on
(e.g. event notifications, transactions, JavaSpaces, web app client, etc).

Thanks,

Greg Trasuk.