river-dev mailing list archives

From Dawid Loubser <da...@travellinck.com>
Subject Re: Recent work
Date Thu, 26 Feb 2015 11:00:56 GMT
While I don't have an immediate use-case for this (all our River code
runs in a very trusted environment), I just wanted to say that I think
this is very interesting and valuable, along with so many of your
efforts, Peter!

kind regards,
Dawid

On 26/02/2015 12:24, Peter wrote:
> Some things I've been working on recently:
>
> Proxy codebase permissions;  I annotate jar files with a META-INF/permissions.list file
containing the permissions required by the proxy.

> Clients can find out what permissions proxy's require and grant these dynamically at
runtime.

> Reversal of responsibility for bootstrap proxy's, traditionally we ask a smart proxy
for the bootstrap proxy:

> A bootstrap proxy interface that allows clients to lookup a bootstrap proxy and ask it
for the smart proxy after authentication.  This allows DownloadPermission to be granted dynamically
after authenticating the bootstrap proxy.