river-dev mailing list archives

From "Michał Kłeczek (XPro)" <michal.klec...@xpro.biz>
Subject Re: Security
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2015 21:55:05 GMT
Isn't the issue with non-serializable superclass constructor call this
one? :
http://cve.mitre.org/cgi-bin/cvename.cgi?name=CVE-2008-5353

If so - I don't really see how it relates to River - to be able to
expoit this kind of vulnerability an attacker must have already
downloaded and run his code - otherwise the exploiting subclass could
not have been loaded hence no construction would take place.
I think if we can make sure only trusted (whatever that means :) ) code
is ever run - we don't have to do anything more with (de)serialization -
except making DoS more difficult by restricting size of the stream.

Thanks,
Michal