river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: River-examples project
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2015 06:55:18 GMT
On 2/8/2015 10:30 PM, Greg Trasuk wrote:

> Auto-correct apparently doesn’t recognize “jvm” and changed it to “jam” below
:-)

The only good auto-correct is a disabled auto-correct.

> Greg Trasuk.
>
> On Feb 9, 2015, at 1:22 AM, Greg Trasuk <trasukg@stratuscom.com> wrote:
>

>> By the way, the command lines are just invoking the jam, so the exact same command
line should work in Windows command shell.  But you’re right, we should have explicit Windows
instructions in the tutorial as well.

I'll carry on using Cygwin, which now does start the hello Greeter
service, and then go back and repeat the trail using a Windows command
tool. Ideally, both will work and we can give new users their choice.

Thanks for the quick fix.

Patricia