river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: River-examples project
Date Mon, 09 Feb 2015 03:56:22 GMT
First of all, I must say I am very impressed with the tutorial chain in
the examples HTML files. I am currently skimming it, in order to try out
running things, but will go back and reread in much more detail.

I have been running the command line operations in a Cygwin shell. I
have to add an "&" at the end of each line to get control back after
starting something.

All was well until I tried to start the hello service. At that point, I
got an exception. It is probably related to Cygwin's file naming. What
is the recommended way of running these commands on a Windows machine?
The syntax does not look like Microsoft command tool.

Here is the exception:

Patricia@Jan2014Desktop
/cygdrive/c/river-examples/home/target/home-1.0-SNAPSHOT-bin
$ java -Djava.security.manager -Djava.security.policy=server.policy
-Djava.rmi.server.useCodebaseOnly=false -jar lib/start.jar
start-hello-service.config &
[3] 14212

Patricia@Jan2014Desktop
/cygdrive/c/river-examples/home/target/home-1.0-SNAPSHOT-bin
$ Feb 08, 2015 7:49:37 PM com.sun.jini.tool.ClassServer run
INFO: ClassServer started [[lib-dl\], port 8090]
Feb 08, 2015 7:49:37 PM
com.sun.jini.start.NonActivatableServiceDescriptor create
SEVERE: classloader.problem
Feb 08, 2015 7:49:37 PM com.sun.jini.start.ServiceStarter
checkResultFailures
WARNING: Exception creating service.
java.io.IOException: The filename, directory name, or volume label
syntax is incorrect
         at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.canonicalize0(Native Method)
         at java.io.WinNTFileSystem.canonicalize(Unknown Source)
         at java.io.File.getCanonicalPath(Unknown Source)
         at java.io.File.getCanonicalFile(Unknown Source)
         at
com.sun.jini.start.ClassLoaderUtil.getClasspathURLs(ClassLoaderUtil.java:77)
         at
com.sun.jini.start.ClassLoaderUtil.getImportCodebaseURLs(ClassLoaderUtil.java:135)
         at
com.sun.jini.start.NonActivatableServiceDescriptor.create(NonActivatableServiceDescriptor.java:598)
         at
com.sun.jini.start.ServiceStarter.create(ServiceStarter.java:287)
         at
com.sun.jini.start.ServiceStarter.processServiceDescriptors(ServiceStarter.java:445)
         at com.sun.jini.start.ServiceStarter.main(ServiceStarter.java:476)

Feb 08, 2015 7:49:37 PM com.sun.jini.start.ServiceStarter
checkResultFailures
WARNING: Associated service descriptor [1]:
[http://192.168.1.113:8090/hello-api.jar, server.policy,
lib\hello-api.jar:lib\hello-service.jar,
org.apache.river.examples.hello.service.GreeterService,
[hello-service.config],
com.sun.jini.start.NonActivatableServiceDescriptor$1@443b7951,
BasicProxyPreparer[]]

$