river-dev mailing list archives

From Patricia Shanahan <p...@acm.org>
Subject Re: River-examples project
Date Sun, 08 Feb 2015 09:33:48 GMT
Thanks very much for getting this done.

I am playing naive new user. I checked out the svn files, and viewed
README.md. Note that it might be nice to provide it as a README.txt as
well - a user who is getting the code from SVN may not be familiar with
Github conventions.

I think the instructions need a bit more information:

"To build the examples, simply unpack the source distribution of
'river-examples',
and then,

cd river-examples
mvn install
mvn site"

What am I supposed to unpack? How do I unpack it?

It should say where to type this. Windows command tool? Cygwin shell?
Unix/Linux shell? I assume I need a JDK, but that should be specified.
Which JDK versions?

I skipped the "unpack" part of the instructions and used Netbeans. I
created a new Maven project from existing POM, and built it. I then used
right click on project, Custom, Goals to run "install" and "site". That
all worked fine, including smoothly downloading from Maven Central.

I opened the index.html file that resulted. Clicking on e.g. the
"browser" link got "Firefox can't find the file at
/C:/river-examples/target/site/browser/index.html.". The browser
directory contains a file "browser-start.png" but no "index.html".

Thanks again for your efforts.

Patricia