river-dev mailing list archives

From Gregg Wonderly <gregg...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Security
Date Wed, 25 Feb 2015 04:28:32 GMT
I think the next big thing is going to be HIP networks where Jini could excel as a communications
platform via service discovery and the other parts of the platform that make it fast and easy
to put together remote communications.

Gregg

> On Feb 21, 2015, at 9:22 PM, Peter <jini@zeus.net.au> wrote:

by any stretch, it uses the existing ObjectInputStream public api and the public serial form
of existing objects.  It does however allow people to implement an additional constructor
by declaring an annotation, so they can check invariants.  These invariant checks won't be
performed by the standard ObjectInputStream, but the classes are compatible with either.

> My implementation also significantly outperforms java's standard ObjectInputStream, reflectively
calling one constructor is more performant than reflectively setting every field in each class
of an Object's hierarchy.