river-dev mailing list archives

From Greg Trasuk <tras...@stratuscom.com>
Subject Re: Jini Archaeology
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2015 18:49:55 GMT
See attachments/links below…

Cheers,
Greg

On Jan 22, 2015, at 4:13 AM, Mike <mikro2nd@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am interested in2 items that fall under the category "Ancient and Hairy History":
>
> 1. The Surrogate Architecture spec seems to have fallen off the bus somewhere along the
line; at least, I cannot find it anywhere on the current River website. Does anyone have a
copy they could pass on to me?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kvyovf4xt9ssh2o/sa.pdf?dl=0
https://www.dropbox.com/s/567z5w9uqc87h5c/sa-ip.pdf?dl=0

> 2. Historic archive of Jini source, preferably something pre v2. My interest is in working
on a very stripped-down, minimalist Jini-like thing, and it seems that it will be easier to
work upwards from such a base than to try and strip out much of the utilities, security and
such from current incarnations of Jini that seems inessential for what I have in mind.

I can’t imagine why you wouldn’t just use the current library, but here you go…
https://www.dropbox.com/s/srl2320tjeetkns/jini1_2.zip?dl=0