river-dev mailing list archives

From Peter <j...@zeus.net.au>
Subject Re: LookupLocator - deprecation of Discovery V1
Date Wed, 25 Jun 2014 19:31:41 GMT
Thanks for the tip on Reggie, good idea.

I did think about deprecating LookupLocator, but Serialization and inheritance makes it impractical,
the next best thing is change it to use Disco V2.

LookupLocator has a dual purpose, one an address to find a registrar and secondly to retrieve
a registrar proxy using discovery V1,  it's the second that's at issue, the first is basically
just a uri starting with jini.

The com.sun.jini.discovery.DiscoveryV1 and DiscoveryV2 classes contain the implementations.